The School of Engineering and Technology at Central Michigan University awards a merit-based engineering scholarship to recognize the achievements of
FIRST® Robotics Competition participants. This scholarship provides a $10,000 award ($2,500 per year renewable for a total of four years) for study in the
School of Engineering and Technology at Central Michigan University.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Graduate high school with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or greater.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have participated on a
FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC®) Team during high school.
- Apply and be admitted to
Central Michigan University as a full-time student.
- Specify an intended college major in an engineering or engineering technology program (see programs).
The scholarship will be awarded starting with the fall semester of your first year at CMU. The scholarship may be renewed for up to four years, provided the recipient maintains a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, is enrolled in a program within the School of Engineering and Technology, and successfully completes a minimum of 30 credits each academic year.
To apply for the scholarship, complete and send the application package including:
- A completed scholarship application
- A letter of recommendation from an adult mentor/coach on your
- A one-page, double-spaced essay describing your contribution to your
FIRST team and how the
FIRST® Robotics Competition has influenced your career choice.
Questions? Please contact Kumar Yelamarthi,