Why study pre-physical therapy at CMU?
The pre-physical therapy program at CMU offers outstanding clinical and classroom preparation to enter a graduate program in physical therapy or a related area. Consider these key features distinguishing this pre-professional program at CMU:
- An intensive curriculum that is responsive to the ever-changing health care environment
- Program graduates continually performing above the national and state averages on the physical therapy licensure examination
- A specific advisor to guide and help students in selecting an undergraduate major
- Professional development through on-campus organizations such as the Pre-physical Therapy Club
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, for all occupations through the year 2014:
- Employment of physical therapist assistants and aides and licensed physical therapists is expected to grow by more than 26 percent.
- About 60 percent of jobs in this field are in hospitals or offices of physical therapists.
- Job opportunities should be particularly good in acute hospital, rehabilitation, and orthopedic settings.
Graduates of the pre-physical therapy program and a related major at CMU will be well-prepared for graduate or professional study and will find career opportunities in a variety of settings. Some of these areas may require additional education.
- Athletic facilities
- Geriatric facilities
- Home health agencies
- Private clinics
- Public schools
- Rehabilitation centers
- Research centers
- Sports medicine clinics