You have passion to entertain, enlighten or change the world.
It’s your turn to take the stage, explore your creativity, and dive into the governments and cultures of our world with a degree in liberal and fine arts.
Break a leg with University Theatre or paint your view of the world through the art and design program.
Hone your English and writing skills, or immerse yourself into a foreign culture.
Dig into the details of yesterday, pave your way to a position in our society’s leadership, explore the way the mind works, or gain an understanding of human groups, institutions and societies.
You can make a difference, and CMU can help you do it.
Here are the liberal and fine arts degrees that will help make the world your stage:
Explore how a degree in liberal and fine arts can help make your dreams a reality. Here are a few ways that CMU stands above the rest.
- Neuroscience program is the first in the state of Michigan to have a chapter of the national honors society, Nu Rho Psi
- Society of Neuroscience named CMU's neuroscience program the Best Undergraduate Program of the Year in the country
- Only sociology program in the nation offering youth studies as a major concentration and a minor
- Won nine out of 10 undergraduate awards from the Michigan Chapter of the Society of Neuroscience’s statewide neuroscience research conference in the past five years
- Become a part of our highly competitive music education program
- Travel to South America to conduct fieldwork at archaeological sites
- Advance your career in politics with an internship in a government office
- Learn from visiting faculty who are professionals practicing in your chosen field
- Perform in outstanding music, theater and dance performance facilities that include technical theater support facilities, a scene shop, a costume shop and rehearsal rooms
- Immerse yourself in a foreign language then travel abroad to be immersed in the culture