Follow these simple steps:
Apply online (http://apply.cmich.edu) or submit a signed copy of a completed application form.
Transcripts / Proof of Degree
Arrange for official copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts to be directly sent to Applications Processing or
email@example.com from the registrar of each college or university attended (except CMU).
Entrance Exam Scores
Arrange for official scores of applicable entrance exams (GRE, GMAT, MAT, etc.) to be directly sent to Applications Processing.
Submit additional department requirements if applicable. Many graduate programs require supplementary application materials, such as letters of recommendation, portfolios, etc. See the Graduate Bulletin or check with your intended program's department for details on additional application materials.
International Student Requirements
For applicants who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents:
- Submit a copy of your passport.
- Submit proof of English proficiency
or your intent to study English upon arrival – unless you are from an exempted country where English is the primary language of instruction. Official scores from TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB, and Pearson's may be directly sent to Applications Processing. You also may demonstrate English proficiency by completing the English studies program through CMU's English Language Institute. Review the Graduate Bulletin for specific English requirements for your intended graduate program.
- Applicants must provide a third-party course-by-course credential evaluation and document verification.
- For a more detailed checklist for international students, visit the Application Guidelines page.
Submit your application fee. You may provide credit card information or mail a check or money order to Applications Processing. Please make your check or money order payable to Central Michigan University.
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents: $50
- All international students who are not U.S. citizens or residents: $60 (U.S. dollars)