Boredom? Never! CMU and
Mount Pleasant are home to
more than 500 events a year: performances, festivals,
sports and more. From local talent to world-famous acts, you’ll find options — many for free.
- Fire up your Chippewa cheer during Homecoming weekend and at Division I-A football games.
- Wear your maroon and gold at the John G. Kulhavi Events Center and McGuirk Arena. When our wrestling, gymnastics and basketball teams aren’t battling there, national performers vie for attention.
- Movie stars Jeff Daniels and Kal Penn, comedians Demetri Martin and Lewis Black, musicians Ke$ha and Rodney Atkins, and activists Dr. Jane Goodall and Gen. Colin Powell have all been our esteemed guests!
- Find inspiration at art, fashion and photo exhibits.
- Creative genius is on stage from nationally recognized musicians, actors and artists, and from gifted faculty, fellow students — and soon, perhaps you!
- Off campus, you’ll find music, extreme sports challenges and the Maple Syrup Festival.
- Grand Rapids, Traverse City, and Mackinac Island are easy day trips. Major-league sports and entertainment in Detroit and Chicago are just a podcast or two away via bus, train and car.
Grab a friend and get going!